Monday, September 6, 2010

design wall monday ... Sept 6, 2010


This is where I am on Robert Callaham's Album of memories...not very far. It's an awsome quilt!
The center medallion block is 39x39". I still have a bunch of 3.5 rail blocks to make before i can assemble it. There are 9 appliqued blocks, these are worked on pieced neutrals. I do have one
overlay ready to go. This quilt is going to take me forever to make but, it's an awsome quilt, well worth the effort. Good thing quilting is not a race! The nine patch and snow ball are not part of this quilt...neither is the lastsashing strip on the left...it goes to my pick and choose quilt. Ah well, I only have 6 more pieced back grounds to get together after the center medallion...and 7 pieced blocks to make. Ann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW I can't wait to get started but I do want to get the remaining blocks of the Floral Garden done before taking on this challange!!
It will be awsome.

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

Great start!

You are so right about quilting not being a race. Too often I forget that.....