Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sept already...

accually its the 4th and I usually have decided what I am going to focus on for the month by now.. but I have been all un focused for quite a while so now I am going to lock in and get going once again.

The chaos in my sewing room and my stash is really getting to me, so this month I am going
to get enough order in these areas that I can stand to work both in the sewing room and the section of the garage that houses the stash...I am tired of heaps...both areas have major heaps...
the heaps in the sewing room keeps me from sewing and cutting efficiently...the heaps in the garage? I can't find anything! It gets worse as I try to find stuff. so... rather than have heaps of ironing...just hanging around all over the couch and in boxes every where I think i will try
rewetting a stack of fabric at a time and fold them NEATLY as they come out of the dryer, sort
as I do for color and or type. Iron as I have time or need the fabric...I haven't decided at this point whether I will put them in boxes and totes or on the shelves til ironed at this point but the heaps
are going to be under control. Surely I have time for a dryer load a day!

the sewing room? keep the cutting area clear...when cutting put material away as I use it, by project if I am not done...keep it all together! when working with scraps, if possible, work box to box or better yet cut scraps clear gone when possible. Put usable strips away in their proper drawers when thru with days cutting...same with squares and rectangles...the boxes are marked by size put them ( the squares and rectangles) away!

Straighten the yardage shelves...

OK, this is a start... hopefully I will see a big difference by the end of the month...

ann

3 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

good luck with the sorting. I have been trying to get a handle on mine for a couple of years, sometimes I make a dent but most of the time it just overflows. cw

Unknown said...

Oh my dear friend---You should given a "spew" warning!!! Now I have some of my beloved pepsi all over my screen!!! I am still laughing!!!

Maybe instead of sewing one day, I can help you sort or at least press????

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!
My goal this weekend is to tackle the basement. Rest of the house is done and ready for fall.
The sewing room was tidy but I just don't know what happens to it. One day it looks really good and the next it looks like a tornado went through it!!!